What community-building strategy has recently worked well for you?

What community-building strategy has recently worked well for you?

1 Like

Watching this and will share as I just launched my community.

1 Like

Congrats on launching your new community, Edwin! Do you have any specific community-building strategies that are you currently trying? I came across a couple of great podcast episodes that discuss different ways to build a successful community. I can send them your way if you are interested! - Madison, Team Memberful

1 Like

Yes, please send them my way. Thanks!

1 Like

Hey Edwin! Madison here from Memberful. Here are a couple of resources that I have found helpful when it comes to community-building:

Masters of Community Podcast, specifically this episode:

Quitting Communities, Choosing Platforms, and Developing Strategy with Sarah Hawk

Notable quote:

“The most common complaint from communities that aren’t working is that their members say, “I’m too busy” or “I don’t have time.”

But no one is too busy to do something they really want to do. People who say they are too busy to engage in your community still probably spend 30 minutes on Facebook. It’s not about busyness, you just haven’t cracked the persuasion code. Your community isn’t a current priority for them.”

Also, the book, The Business of Belonging provided a really great roadmap on how for how to create a community-building strategy.

Let me know if you listen to this episode or check out this book! It would be interesting to hear your thoughts!

1 Like

Thanks! Timely insight. I will dive in and let you know.
As I am getting the community started, I definitely want to ensure that I work to crack the “code” early… well as soon as possible.

1 Like

You are so very welcome! I think you will really enjoy both the book and this podcast episode (and the Masters of Community podcast in general!) Can’t wait to hear what you think! - Madison