Who is your "whale"? 🐋

In the book, " A Member is Worth a Thousand Visitors" — the author encourages membership site owners to focus on “whales” or, in other words, their best customers — and narrow in on their wants and needs.

Reading this article about how Bria Felicien hit her goal of 1000 subscribers, it’s clear how doing this can help move the needle. She said:

Among many other things, I refined my focus and found (and I am continuing to find) my unique value in the women’s sports landscape. There are a lot of publications popping up, but I focus on Black women athletes across the diaspora.

Who are your whales?

2 Likes

Agreed fully. As I plan to launch my membership this month, September 22nd. I wonder who my Whales are at this point. I wonder if I go uber specific from the get-go, or if I keep it open and then see who is the most engaged then pivot/refocus the messaging.

Being a startup founder, we start with a hypothesis of the persona of the decision-maker, but you won’t know if its true until you open the doors.

Even Bria mentions having an open newsletter and then fine tuning.

Thoughts?

1 Like

or if I keep it open and then see who is the most engaged then pivot/refocus the messaging.

I’m into this idea! :whale2:

1 Like